For applications requiring modulation across the n-C9+ carbon range, use the ZX2 system to eliminate consumable cryogens. A floor mounted refrigerator cools dry nitrogen gas to form the cold jet. Note: As with the ZX1, admitting cold gas to the GC oven does not appreciably affect oven temperature. (All necessary hoses are supplied, though not featured in diagrams at right.)
For applications requiring modulation across the n-C9+ carbon range, use the ZX2 system to eliminate consumable cryogens. A floor mounted refrigerator cools dry nitrogen gas to form the cold jet.
Note: as with the ZX1, admitting cold gas to the GC oven does not appreciably affect oven temperature. (All necessary hoses are supplied, though not featured in diagrams at right.)
- Consists of the following modules
- Floor Refrigerator (no cryogenic consumables)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Human-Machine Interface (HMI)
- Valve Assembly
- Top Plate Assembly
- Vacuum Insulated Transfer Line
- Head Clamp Assembly
- All cables, hoses, and assembly tools are supplied
- Modulates nC8 - nC30 routinely, and nC8 - nC45 with cold jet flow control*
Other features are the same as the ZX1 thermal modulator:
- Accommodates Two Parallel Column Sets ("two modulators for the price of one")
- Compatible with most commercially available GC systems.
- No moving parts. High reliability.
- Open construction. No modulation chamber.
- Effortless Modulator Tube Mounting
- Admitting cold gas into the oven, via the cold jet, does not appreciably affect oven temperature.
- May be supplied turnkey, with GC system, or retrofitted on user's GC
- Users can install the system in about 2 hours.
- Zoex personnel can install at user's site, subject to Covid-19 restrictions.
|Two-stage loop modulation; one cold jet and one hot jet|
|No moving parts|
|Hot Jet temperature:||Up to 450 oC|
|Cold Jet Temperature:||As low as -90o C|
|Modulation period:||Set range: 0 to 32 seconds Recommended: 3 to 32 seconds|
Note: Set Modulation Period should be greater than the Hot Jet Pulse Duration
|Hot Jet Pulse Duration||Set range: 0 to 32 seconds|
|N2 Consumption:||18 SLM per jet max|
|Continuous cooling without liquid nitrogen|
|Maximum cooling temperature:||Minimum -90oC inside cold jet nozzle|
|SS vacuum insulated cold gas delivery line.||30” long (76.2cm)|
|Cooling probe:||15 in/38.1 cm flexible hose|
|Compressor:||2 stage compressors|
|Dimensions:||21x15x20.125” / 53.34x38.1x51.12 cm|
|Electrical:||120V/60 Hz/11.5A or 240V/50Hz/7.5A|
|Weight:||170 lbs / 77 kg|
Secondary Oven (Optional)
- Control secondary column temperature independently of main oven
- Temperature control through main instrument control software.
- Easy, drop-in column installation
- Able to hold two secondary columns of up to 20m each
- Lead main oven temperature up to 40o C
- Lag main oven temperature with external air cooling flow to secondary oven
- Temperature ramp rate up to 5o C /min
- Dimensions 6" x 4"x 2.1875" (152mm x 102mm x 51mm)